Responsibilities and Duties
The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation, and the articulation of national policies that support home and community-based services for older adults and individuals with disabilities. NASUAD is seeking an intern with a desire to learn about aging and disabilities policy and state innovations throughout the network. The Internship is typically full-time and requires a 10-week commitment with a start date in June 2019.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering telephones,
- Conference preparation,
- Attending hearings, webinars, and conference calls,
- Drafting and sending communications,
- Assisting with project management,
- Updating the website, and
- Legislative and policy research.
- A 3rd-year college student with a focus in public policy, gerontology, public health, or other related degrees
- Strong written and oral communication skills and analytical capability
- Strong verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
Salary and benefits:
A stipend is available for those students who do not receive outside funding.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.