Responsibilities and Duties
The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation, and the articulation of national policies that support home and community-based services for older adults and individuals with disabilities. NASUAD is seeking an intern with a desire to learn about aging and disabilities policy and state innovations throughout the network. The Internship is typically full-time and requires a 10-week commitment with a start date in June 2019.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering telephones,
- Conference preparation,
- Drafting and sending communications (copyediting and content writing),
- Develop PR material, letters, press kits, etc.
- Develop the organization’s Wikipedia page,
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube,
- Marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g., direct mail and web projects)
- Analytics analysis and insight
- Research and cultivate a list of Marketing/Social Media,
- Research organization’s publications.
- At least a 3rd-year college student or graduate student with a focus in marketing, communications, public policy or other related degrees
- Strong written and oral communication skills and analytical capability
- Strong verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Expertise in various social media and marketing tools including Wikipedia, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter and innovative thinker with a service-oriented and friendly personality
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
Salary and benefits:
A stipend is available for those students who do not receive outside funding.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and link to your digital portfolio or provide work samples to email@example.com
NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.