"This is Me" Video Contest
As part of the 2018 HCBS Conference, NASUAD hosted a video contest asking people to submit their creative interpretation of the empowering song "This is Me" from the movie The Greatest Showman. You can view the inspirational videos from the "This is Me" Contest on NASUAD's YouTube channel. Click here to visit our YouTube channel and watch the winning videos. The channel also includes a slideshow with photos from this year's conference.
Monday, August 27, 2018
- CMS Intensive: HCBS Regulation Implementation
- 2018 Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Intensive
- Information & Referral/Assistance Intensive for State & Local I&R/A Professionals
- Medicaid 101: Everything You Wanted to Know about Medicaid Long-Term Services & Supports, But Were Afraid to Ask
- Aging & Disability 101 for New Directors & First Time HCBS Conference Attendees
- Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration Grantee Meeting: Building Partnerships & Innovation for Community Living
- CMS Intensive: Promoting Health & Welfare for People Receiving Home & Community-Based Services
- CMS Intensive: Electronic Visit Verification Requirements in the 21st Century Cures Act
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
10:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- ACL Track: Rebalancing to HCBS 2.0 in a Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Environment: Strategies for Assuring Optimal Consumer Outcomes & Community Integration
- CMS Track: Electronic Visit Verification Requirements in the 21st Century Cures Act
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health: The Critical Link Between Health & Home (discussion-based)
- Housing & Urban Development’s Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Program: Investing in Housing for People with Disabilities & Older Adults
- Lessons Learned When Consumers, Advocates, Providers, & State Officials Collaborate to Observe Person-Centered Planning in Managed Long-Term Services & Supports
- The Evolution of Electronic Visit Verification Systems in Ohio & Connecticut: Lessons Learned, Collaboration & Course Corrections
- Stakeholder Engagement: Lessons Learned from the Field
- Self-Directed Supports in a Changing Environment: Building Program Integrity
- Unpaid Caregiver Supports & Services to Delay or Divert At-Risk Individuals from Intensive Long-Term Services & Supports
- Addressing Oral Health for Older Adults & People with Disabilities
- Innovation Track: Leveraging Digital Platforms, Coaching, & Contact Centers to Improve Health, Overcome Loneliness, & Encourage Employment in HCBS Programs
1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- CMS/ACL Track: HCBS Final Rule: Current Issues & Future Directions
- Advancing Value-Based Payment Models in Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services & Supports: Opportunities in Community-Based Care
- How Do Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Programs Play with Other Federal Long-Term Services & Supports Initiatives?
- Solving the Case Management Conundrum: State Experiences in Innovative Solutions
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health: Building Social Capital (panel discussion)
- The Direct Support Professionals Workforce Crisis: How Data Can Inform Retention & Recruitment Solutions to Stem the Turnover Tide
- States Leading the Way Through Dementia Partnerships
- Provider-Led Arkansas Shared Savings Entity
- Building Blocks for Real Change to Support Family Caregivers: A Federal Strategy & State Taskforces
- No Wrong Door & Lifespan Respite: Sharing a Vision for Connecting Individuals & Their Family Caregivers to Services
2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- ACL Track: Assuring the Health & Welfare of Medicaid HCBS Beneficiaries: Federal Findings, Investments, & Promising Practices in Systems Change
- CMS Track: Medicaid 101: Overview of the Program
- Status & Trends in Indicators of Community Inclusion: Data Projects of National Significance
- Supporting Consumers in a Managed Long-Term Services & Supports World
- Are Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Programs Expanding Access to Home & Community-Based Services?
- The New U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Tools & Resources to Support Disaster Planning
- Stakeholder Driven Rate Setting: The Wyoming Experience
- Partnerships & Strategies in Support of Behavioral Health
- Electronic Visit Verification: Implications for States, Providers, & Medicaid Participants
- Long Term Care Quality Improvements—Oregon’s Journey
- Expanding the Use of Technology through Statewide Partnerships to Address the Needs of Older Adults & Individuals with Disabilities
- The Value of Value-Added Benefits: Improving the Lives of Members through Art, Equine, & Pet Therapy Partnerships
4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- ACL Track: The Community Conundrum: Promoting Optimal Inclusion & Improved Social Determinants of Health within HCBS Settings
- CMS Track: Medicaid 201: Home & Community-Based Services within Medicaid
- Preadmission Screening & Resident Review & No Wrong Door: Moving Beyond Compliance
- National Family Caregiving Policy—What Might the RAISE Act inspire?
- Integration of the Age-Friendly & Dementia-Friendly Movements in Massachusetts
- Importance of Care Coordination in Critical Incident Management & Preventing Abuse & Neglect in HCBS Using Data Analytics & Best Practice Frameworks
- Rebalancing Success in Managed Long-Term Services & Supports—Lessons Learned from Three Health Plans
- State Aging & Disability Leadership—Success & Challenges
- Care Plans to Support LGBT Older Adults
- Managed Long Term Services & Supports for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Strategies for Success
- Innovation Track: Self-Directed Personal Care: Gateway to Community, Employment, & Life!
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- ACL Track: Putting the Person First: A National Dialogue on Advancing the Interests of the Person in HCBS Systems
- CMS Track: Pay for Performance in a Fee-for-Service System – Paying for the Outcomes Everybody Wants
- An Innovative Approach to Integrated Managed Long-Term Services & Supports in Medicaid Creates Opportunity for Collaboration Among Aging Network Providers
- Social Security Services for Seniors & People with Disabilities
- Innovations in State Law & Policy: The Making of a Long-Term Care Referral Agency Registry in Oregon
- Expedited Waiver Offers for Victims of Abuse & Neglect
- Electronic Visit Verification & Louisiana’s Efforts
- Technology Enabled Tools to Assess & Improve HCBS Programs
- The Explosive Growth of National Core Indicators – Aging & Disabilities (NCI-AD): How States are Putting Outcomes Data to Use
- Alternative Payment Methodologies & Value-Based Purchasing to HCBS Supported Employment Services in Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Programs: Advancing States’ Employment First Goals
- Innovation Track: Public-Private Partnership: Models of Innovation for Managing Intellectual & Developmental Disability (I/DD) Services
- Assisted Living in Medicaid HCBS Settings: Strategies to Ensure Compliance & Quality
10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- ACL Track: Supported Decision-Making: A Listening Session
- CMS Track: Conflict of Interest: When Does It Exist? How Can I Fix It?
- Impact of Duals’ Demonstration on a Managed Long-Term Services & Supports Launch
- The Missing Link: Measures of Long-Term Services & Supports Quality & Outcomes from National Core Indicators – Aging & Disabilities (NCI-AD) & National Core Indicators (NCI)
- Opening the Doors to Collaboration & Culture Change
- Long-Term Services & Supports Incident Management: A Panel from Three States Discuss Best Practices & a National Solution
- The Legal Risk Detector App: Using Technology & Legal/Non-Legal Partnerships to Combat Elder Abuse & Financial Exploitation
- Approaches to Improving Food Security through Managed Care
- State Approaches to Enrolling Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities in Managed Long-Term Services & Supports
- Wisconsin’s Tribal Option: A Model in Providing Culturally Competent Long-Term Care
- Innovation Track: First Data/AuthentiCare: Electronic Visit Verification
2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- CMS Track: Managing Incident Management: How Can States Create a System that Best Manages Critical Incidents & Critical State Resources Simultaneously?
- ACL Track: Innovative Housing & Health & Human Services Collaborations: A Game-Changer in Supportive Housing & Community Living
- Medicaid Waiver Management: From Siloed Paper Processes to Medicaid-Integrated & Medicaid Management Information System-Interfacing, Person-Centered Solutions Supporting All Kentucky HCBS Waiver Programs
- State Solutions to the Home Care Workforce Crisis in Rural America
- Autism Grows Up: Pennsylvania's Innovations to Support Adults With Autism
- State Implementation of Department of Labor Home Care Rule
- Benefits Trafficking: Old Crime, New Name (slides withheld by presenter due to sensitive nature of materials)
- Alternatives to Incarcerating Persons with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities—A Discussion
- Raising the Quality Bar—Building Accountability Among Organizations Coordinating Long-Term Services & Supports
- Tribal Nations: Providing Home & Community-Based Services to Tribal Nation Members
- Innovation Track: Transitioning to Managed Long-Term Services & Supports: Unique Insights from Pennsylvania
- NASUAD Open Door Forum on Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (discussion-based)
4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- ACL Track: Intersections in Health Care Accessibility & Person-Centered Care
- CMS Track: Preadmission Screening & Resident Review: What Does the Regulation Really Mean & How Can I Use It to Support Community Inclusion?
- Strengthening Long-Term Services & Supports: Reform Strategies for States
- Considering Solutions to Support Caregivers
- How States Can Use Data & Rankings to Improve Long-Term Services and Supports
- The Role of Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs in HCBS: Two States Share Their Experiences & Collaborative Approaches to Addressing Challenges
- Measuring Person-Centered Supports Across All Service Settings: Using the National Core Indicators & National Core Indicators for Aging & Disability
- Building Medicaid Claiming Infrastructure for Aging & Disability Resource Centers & No Wrong Door
- Waiver Managers Forum (discussion-based)
- The Changing Landscape of Long-Term Services & Supports: Medicaid, Older Americans Act, & Now Medicare?
- Update on Federal Aging, Disability, and Long Term Services and Supports Policy
- Innovation Track: Challenges & Innovations in Self-Direction: You Can’t Control the Winds, But You Can Adjust Your Sails
Thursday, August 30, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- ACL Track: Pathways to Integrated Employment & Successful Community Living for People with Disabilities of All Ages
- CMS Track: Looking Forward: HCBS Quality Measures Alignment & HCBS Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems
- Successful Partnerships Between Community-Based Organizations & Health Care Partners
- Investigating Intersections Between Long-Term Services & Supports & Healthcare for Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- The Care Network for Direct Support Professionals: Providing Front-Line Support to Ensure Participant Independence & Inclusion
- Addressing Social Determinants for Individuals with Serious Mental Illness: The Experience of an Arizona Managed Care Program
- Redesigning the Support Planning Process in Colorado: Lessons for Building a More Person-Centered System & Complying with CMS HCBS Rules
- Fast Facts & Financial Resources from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Mercy Paws: Pet Care When Needed Most
- Innovation Track: Innovations in the Oversight of HCBS Network Adequacy
10:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- ACL Track: Dementia & Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: Providing Dementia Capable Care in Rhode Island
- CMS Track: Prevention Strategies that Make a Difference
- Addressing the Opioid Public Health Emergency Within the Elderly & Disabled Populations Using Operational, Clinical, & Health Information Technology Interventions
- Promising Practices to Support Community Living for Veterans
- New Models of Affordable Senior Housing-Based Service Coordination/Wellness Programs
- Universal Mobility as a Service: Cutting-Edge Transportation Approaches that Support Community Living & Facilitate Access to Healthcare
- Achieving Equity & the Role of Employment for Older Workers, 55+
- Managed Long-Term Services & Supports—An Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Perspective
- Innovation Track: Opening the Door to Oral Health: The Need of a Healthy Mouth for a Healthy Lifetime
- Stories from the Field: Lessons of Growth & Sustainability in Disability Services
11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- ACL Track: Aging & Disability Statistics in Review—What We Know & What We Need to Know
- Change Occurs at the Rate of Trust: Person-Centered Planning Tools & LifeCourse Tools
- Emerging Innovations in Managed Long-Term Services & Supports: How Health Plans are Providing Support to Family Caregivers
- Waiver Reimagined: Minnesota & Other State Waiver Reconfiguration Efforts
- Navigating the Transition to Managed Care for Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Scams, Financial Literacy, & Older Adults: State & Federal Perspectives
- Sliding Fees, Private Pay, Innovative Services, & Older Americans Act, Too
- Help Me Help You—Redefining Quality through the HCBS Provider Audit
- Senior Hunger: Be Bold in Planning to Confront This Crisis
- Adult Day Services: Meeting the Needs of a Changing Population
- Benefits Outreach, Screening & Assistance: Helping Medicare Beneficiaries Make Ends Meet