NASUAD is seeking an Aging Services Policy Director. The director will have the responsibility for providing technical assistance and training to the nation’s state unit on aging directors.
The successful candidate will be a college graduate with a minimum of five years of experience in aging services; strong leadership skills; demonstrated written and oral communication skills; and possess analytical capability.
This position is full-time and based in Arlington, Virginia.
- Facilitate the Aging & Disabilities Public Policy Committee and manage NASUAD’s aging public policy portfolio.
- Develop training tools and resources for state aging network professionals.
- Coordinate and develop technical assistance for state aging network professionals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with aging network national partners.
- Represent NASUAD at speaking events and conferences.
- Represent NASUAD before federal agencies.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Health Policy, Public Administration, Social Work, or related field preferred.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple partners.
- Prior experience in aging service/policy, minimum five years.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment and strongly encourages individuals with disabilities to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.