n4a is the home of the Aging and Disability Business Institute (Business Institute), which, together with its partners, provides AAAs and other aging and disability community-based organizations (CBOs) with tools and resources to successfully adapt to the changing health care environment through the development of partnerships/contracts with health care entities that bridge traditional medical services with social supports. Additionally, the Business Institute works to enhance AAAs and other CBOs their organizational capacity and capitalize on emerging opportunities to diversify funding through partnerships/contracts.
The Deputy Director will help manage the day-to-day operations of the Business Institute, including developing, implementing, and managing programs, partners and services that align with the project’s goals and objectives. Other attributes of the successful candidate are: strong writer, efficient time and project manager, good public speaker, organized and detail-oriented, creative and forward-thinking, and a team player able to juggle multiple projects daily.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director of the Business Institute with managing the day-to-day operations of Business Institute programs and initiatives, including program, partner and budget development and implementation/oversight.
- Develops knowledge, identifies and documents best practices; identifies and engages subject matter experts; researches and writes new publications; and incorporates new information into print, online and social media communications.
- Assists with seeking out funding opportunities and writing grant proposals.
- Convenes stakeholders, develops agendas, and facilitates advisory committee and working group meetings.
- Develops and manages requests for proposals and grants/budget management processes, including ongoing support and oversight of grant projects and preparation of reports and other materials on the funded projects.
- Designs, plans and convenes training and technical assistance for community-based aging and disability organizations, including online tools, webinars, learning collaboratives and other resources.
- Presents, plans and manages content for conferences and special events (e.g., educational sessions and presentations).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Business Institute, and n4a senior leadership.