Responsibilities and Duties
The National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD) represents the nation’s 56 state and territorial agencies on aging and disabilities and supports visionary state leadership, the advancement of state systems innovation, and the articulation of national policies that support home and community-based services for older adults and individuals with disabilities. NASUAD is seeking a conference coordinator with the primary responsibility for planning the logistics and overseeing two membership conferences, and smaller meetings as needed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Venue selection and negotiation of hotel contracts.
- Oversee meeting bookings, cancellation, and postponement orders.
- Plan and coordinate all activities to successfully execute meetings and conferences.
- Process all other additional requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio-visual device requirements.
- Manage and direct registration process including invoicing.
- Development of conference website, conference app, and other online tools.
- Work with leadership team in the development of a conference budget and monitor the conference throughout to ensure adherence to the budget.
- Review and track invoices for catering, equipment, and other amenities.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are set-up with requested amenities and AV devices.
- Respond to calls and e-mails related to meeting set-up.
The successful candidate will be a college graduate and have strong written and oral communication skills and a proven conference management track record.
- Bachelor's degree with Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation preferred
- A combination of experience (5+ years) and education may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Superior verbal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Ability to travel
Salary and benefits:
The salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. NASUAD offers a generous benefit package.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NASUAD is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants for employment. Individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.