This Leadership position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible to direct the coordination and supervision of the Department of Aging & Disability Access of the Area Agency on Aging of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc. (AAAPP), as the designated Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC), including the Helpline, Intake, Agency operations of the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care Program, and programs to provide emergency support to address unmet needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee administration and implementation of the Aging and Disability Resource Center. Insure that written procedures and management decisions coordinate the Helpline, Intake, and Medicaid functions, foster both customer service and productivity, facilitate communication, and enable staff in the three divisions to function as a team.
- Oversee the Information and Referral/Assistance function of the ADRC and supervise the ADRC Helpline Manager who supervises the Helpline staff.
- Oversee the Agency operations of the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care Program and supervise the Lead Medicaid Waiver Specialist who supervises the Medicaid staff.
- Oversee the functions of Intake/Screening including serving Aging Out clients, releasing clients for general revenue programs, and generating fiscal units of service. Supervise the Intake Specialist Coordinator who supervises Intake Specialist staff.
- Supervision of Client Service programming.
- Communicate with the Department of Elder Affairs regarding implementation and monitoring of ADRC functions.
- Participate in public awareness and outreach events related to the AAAPP and ADRC, including SMMCLTCP.
- Develop and oversee programs to assist seniors to address unmet needs.
- Develop public information materials for the ADRC Helpline and other ADRC functions.
- Develop and maintain coordination efforts with other organizations and I&R programs in the PSA and throughout the state.
- Participate in the statewide ADRC Workgroup to address statewide issues and implementation.
- Participate in the coordination and management of the statewide I&R/A database.
- Prepare program reports, database reports, surveys and related correspondence concerning aging programs, services, and activities.
- Review appropriate reports, releases, brochures, and other materials to keep abreast of happenings in the aging network.
- Perform a variety of data input operations using computer hardware and software.
- Comply with security and confidentiality regulations.
- Serve on committees, coalitions, boards, consortiums and advisory councils to represent the interests of the elderly.
- Perform related work as assigned.